Skip to main content

Gorton's Eat Seafood Twice A Week Giveaway 1/14



We love seafood here~I try to make it often as there are so many different ways that you can serve it. I recently had the chance to try Gorton’s Lemon Butter Grilled Fillets.


 Not only are there fillets good for you~they are easy to make and taste great! We decided to make one of the recipes that we found on Gorton's site


                                                 ~Grilled Fillet Skillet Kabobs~

Ingredients~

2 Gorton's All Natural Lemon Butter Grilled Fillets
1 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
1 small onion, chunked
4 yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 medium green pepper, chunked
1/2 medium red pepper, chunked
1 small zucchini, sliced
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup pineapple chunks (optional)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 wooden or metal skewers

Description:

Prepare Fillets and sauté vegetables in skillet. Then slide them onto skewers and serve with your favorite rice!

Directions:

1. Heat 1 Tbsp water in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, place Gorton's All Natural Lemon Butter Grilled Fillets in skillet, cover, cook 8-10 minutes and cut into four pieces.
2. Remove fillets, add oil, sauté onions, peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, pineapple, salt and pepper for 5-10 minutes over medium-high heat.
3. Skewer zucchini, fish, red pepper, tomato, onion until all skewers are filled and serve immediately.


This recipe was easy to make and the taste was fabulous!  We served it over rice just like the picture shows~the only thing different that we did was add some salt and pepper. Even the grandchildren enjoyed this meal,and that is saying a lot as they are very picky eaters! 


Did you know that USDA now recommends everyone aged 3 years and up increase their seafood consumption to 2 servings (4 oz.) per week for My Plate Dietary Guidelines? There’s so many health benefits to eating seafood containing omega-3 fatty acids, including:
  • Heart Health Promotion
  • Decreased Blood Pressure, Triglycerides and Cholesterol Levels
  • Support Eye Health
  • Enhanced Brain Growth and Development
  • Decreased Risk of Certain Cancers
Gorton’s encourages you and your family to Eat Seafood Twice A Week. They have so many tasty seafood choices including 20 products that are 200 calories or less per serving!! Plus, Gorton’s offers a wonderful recipe gallery to help enhance your seafood meal!



~My Giveaway!~

***To celebrate the “Eat Seafood Twice a Week” Campaign, Gorton’s Seafood has offered {3} Winners a Gorton’s $2 off coupon + a limited edition Gorton’s Seafood Plate! ***

Please Enter Below~





{I was sent a coupon for my review. No monies were offered or accepted. All above opinions are my own.}

Comments

  1. The Skillet Crisp Tilapia with Garlic and Tomatillo Salsa sounds great!
    mcfallsk8er(at)aim(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

  2. Popcorn Shrimp Chili & Cheese Bread Bowl

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://gortons.com/recipe/baked-shrimp-scampi-puff-pastry

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love breadbowls so id try
    Popcorn Shrimp Chili & Cheese Bread Bowl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scentsy Review & Giveaway! 12/20*CLOSED*

I love my house to smell good.I have candles and tea lights in almost every room.But it seems that no matter what I buy the scent just doesn't seem to last.I have spent so much money trying different ones and I swear that I should have bought stock in tea lights the way I buy them!! That is why I was super excited when I was asked to review some Scentsy Products. What is Scentsy~You ask?! Well~let me tell you~ Scentsy sells wickless candles, ceramic warmers and home-fragrance products.  A wickless candle, called a Scentsy Bar or a Scentsy Brick, is a highly fragrant wax bar that is warmed to release fragrance into the air. And they have over 80 scents to choose from! So~I know that you will find one that matches you too!  Because the wax is gently warmed rather than burned, it can hold more fragrance oil than a traditional candle. And, because there is no flame, there is no smoke, soot or lead. Scentsy wickless candles are a safer alternative to tradition...

ValueRays Shoulder Warmer Review & Giveaway! 1/3

ValueRays makes so many great products that I would have a hard time choosing something for myself so I let Anna decide what to send me.As I love surprises~don't you? And~~I was not disappointed.She sent me the ValueRays Shoulder Warmer and let me tell you I am in Heaven! It is so easy to use~as all you have to do is plug into your USB port on your computer and instant warmth. It feels so good on my shoulders as with having arthritis it seems that my bones hurt more when I am cold. Not only can you use this as home but it would be great at the office too! As it is very small and lightweight. The ValueRays Shoulder Warmer measurements are aproximately 18" across the back shoulders and about 9" deep.  The two tabs in the front of the shoulder warmer have velcro to securely attach the shoulder warmer to your body.  The carbon fiber heating element is positioned inside the double-faced fleece fabric to produce warmth to the back of the shoulder area.  The heating elem...

ErgoMotion Laser Mouse Review and Giveaway! 2/1

~You Can Finally Say Goodbye to Aches and Pains While Mousing Around!~ I am on the computer all the time~with my Blog here and other things that I do I spend many hours on the internet.Most of that is on my laptop as it is easier to do other things and not have to stay in one place. But as you can imagine doing all of that comes with some pain. That is why I am so excited to tell you about the ErgoMotion Laser Mouse ! Introducing anti-gravity comfort from your computer mouse. Thanks to the patented ErgoMotion pivot system, your mouse now feels like it’s “floating on air!” The Whirl Laser mouse actually floats with you and provides constant, luxurious comfort! There's no question, it’s time to get rid of that fixed-position, static mouse, and upgrade to the comfort of the Whirl Laser Mouse with ErgoMotion. Whether you are right- or left-handed, you can enjoy the unique on-the-go experience of an Award Winning computer mouse! It is so easy to use all you do is plug it in~N...