Skip to main content

Yael Naim She Was A Boy CD Review!

Yael Naim has just released her second album!





~She Was a Boy~
Yael Naim is the first Israeli solo artist to have a Top 10 hit in the U.S with her 2008 single “New Soul” which garnered nearly 1.5 million downloads in the U.S for its placement in Apple’s campaign for their Macbook Air computer. She appeared on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” CBS’s “The Early Show” and “Late Night With Conan O’Brien” with the success of her last album. She Was a Boy has already surpassed Gold status in France, and Naim has been awarded the “Victoire de la Musique” {France’s Grammy equivalent} for Best Female Singer, which she previously won for World Music Album of the Year in 2008.



I had heard of Yael Naim before but I had never listened to her music. So~I wasn't sure what to expect when I put this in the CD player. I was very pleasantly surprised by this CD. As it has a jazz~folk feel to it. Her voice is amazing and you can tell that she put a lot of soul into the songs. I listened to it from start to finish and I will be listening to it over and over again. As it is one that you will find yourself tapping your foot and singing along! Her voice is smokey~sultry and sexy.
Entertainment Weekly notes that the new release exudes “…sprightly Joni Mitchell-goes-Dixieland charm,” while MTV Hive praises her “knack for fun, whimsical pop songs.”


This new album, made with collaborator and percussionist David Donatien, also features celebrated musicians such as French jazz trumpeters Lionel and Stephane Belmondo, cellist Yoed Nir (Interpol, Regina Spektor and Rufus Wainwright), classical musician Thomas Bloch (Radiohead, John Cage, Damon Albarn/Gorillaz) and the French artist Tété


The Track Listing~
  1. Come Home
  2. My Dreams
  3. She Was a Boy
  4. Go to the River
  5. Never Change
  6. I Try Hard
  7. Today
  8. Mystical Love
  9. Man of Another Woman
10. Puppet
11. Stupid Goal
12. If I Lost the Best Thing
13. Game is Over


You can listen more to Yael and even get a free download of Go to the River by visiting~ http://www.myspace.com/yaelnaim.


For more info You can find Yael Here~
Facebook~ http://facebook.com/yeal.naim
Twitter~ http://twitter.com/yaelnaim
Tour dates~ http://yaelweb.com/en/concerts
 
 {I was sent Yael Naim She Was A Boy CD to to review~All opinions are my own.No monies were offered or exchanged}

Comments

  1. This does sound like something I would enjoy so I'm going to try and find an excerpt from the links you've listed and listen to it and buy it.
    Really nice review and I'm glad I came by to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I there just wanted to say thanks for stopping by, I am a new follower from the Alexa hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to check this out. Sounds like something I'd like. I'm a new follower too!

    Michelle @ Things Sent My Way

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scentsy Review & Giveaway! 12/20*CLOSED*

I love my house to smell good.I have candles and tea lights in almost every room.But it seems that no matter what I buy the scent just doesn't seem to last.I have spent so much money trying different ones and I swear that I should have bought stock in tea lights the way I buy them!! That is why I was super excited when I was asked to review some Scentsy Products. What is Scentsy~You ask?! Well~let me tell you~ Scentsy sells wickless candles, ceramic warmers and home-fragrance products.  A wickless candle, called a Scentsy Bar or a Scentsy Brick, is a highly fragrant wax bar that is warmed to release fragrance into the air. And they have over 80 scents to choose from! So~I know that you will find one that matches you too!  Because the wax is gently warmed rather than burned, it can hold more fragrance oil than a traditional candle. And, because there is no flame, there is no smoke, soot or lead. Scentsy wickless candles are a safer alternative to tradition...

ValueRays Shoulder Warmer Review & Giveaway! 1/3

ValueRays makes so many great products that I would have a hard time choosing something for myself so I let Anna decide what to send me.As I love surprises~don't you? And~~I was not disappointed.She sent me the ValueRays Shoulder Warmer and let me tell you I am in Heaven! It is so easy to use~as all you have to do is plug into your USB port on your computer and instant warmth. It feels so good on my shoulders as with having arthritis it seems that my bones hurt more when I am cold. Not only can you use this as home but it would be great at the office too! As it is very small and lightweight. The ValueRays Shoulder Warmer measurements are aproximately 18" across the back shoulders and about 9" deep.  The two tabs in the front of the shoulder warmer have velcro to securely attach the shoulder warmer to your body.  The carbon fiber heating element is positioned inside the double-faced fleece fabric to produce warmth to the back of the shoulder area.  The heating elem...

ErgoMotion Laser Mouse Review and Giveaway! 2/1

~You Can Finally Say Goodbye to Aches and Pains While Mousing Around!~ I am on the computer all the time~with my Blog here and other things that I do I spend many hours on the internet.Most of that is on my laptop as it is easier to do other things and not have to stay in one place. But as you can imagine doing all of that comes with some pain. That is why I am so excited to tell you about the ErgoMotion Laser Mouse ! Introducing anti-gravity comfort from your computer mouse. Thanks to the patented ErgoMotion pivot system, your mouse now feels like it’s “floating on air!” The Whirl Laser mouse actually floats with you and provides constant, luxurious comfort! There's no question, it’s time to get rid of that fixed-position, static mouse, and upgrade to the comfort of the Whirl Laser Mouse with ErgoMotion. Whether you are right- or left-handed, you can enjoy the unique on-the-go experience of an Award Winning computer mouse! It is so easy to use all you do is plug it in~N...