Skip to main content

Five Summer Getaways Every Kid Should Experience #GreatGetaways

It's Summer!!

Well~not quite but it is sure close! And with Summer~means that the kids are soon going to be out of school and looking for something to do. It used to be that everyone was thinking about going on vacation but with the economy the way that it is~I think that more people are going to be looking for things to do closer to home! So~I have thought of "Stay~Vacation" Experiences~

Here are my Five Summer Getaways Every Kid Should Experience~



1~The State Fair~ There is just so many things to do and see.It is a great way for the kids to not only see all the different animals but see and learn about our state.the Midway has something fro everyone. Not to mention the food~as I went last year with my daughter an the grandchildren and I think that we ate enough food there to last us until next year! But everything was so good and you knew that you had to sample it. 


2~The Library~Not only are there books to be read.But if you look at their papers they have many story times for the kids all summer.They can play on the computers~so no more fighting over one.They also can get some great DVD's to watch at home on those rainy days! 


3~Go to the Museum~There are so many things to see here..And I love that there are hands on experience on most of the displays. As it really gives the kids a chance to try different things.They can learn about all the different cultures and see how they really lived "way back then".

4~Visit Family and Friends~
I know I am guilty of not going to see my family that lives less then a hour away from us.But this Summer we are all going to make it a "Must" do for us.As it is silly not to see loved ones that live so close by. It only costs a tank of gas{if even} and think of the free fun you can have on the road.As there are many travel games to play~like how many different license plates they see in 10 minutes.And~when we plan ahead we might even have a BBQ!

5~Go To The Beach~
It is so much fun~as the water is always inviting and the sand is warm. Who doesn't love to build sand castles and then watch the water wash them away later?!? Pack a lunch and some beverages in a cooler and you can make a day out of it!

{“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Alamo blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”}

Comments

  1. The state fair! I totally forgot about that one! I can't wait to take my kids this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice info and good picture........
    http://www.techzar-web-developers.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scentsy Review & Giveaway! 12/20*CLOSED*

I love my house to smell good.I have candles and tea lights in almost every room.But it seems that no matter what I buy the scent just doesn't seem to last.I have spent so much money trying different ones and I swear that I should have bought stock in tea lights the way I buy them!! That is why I was super excited when I was asked to review some Scentsy Products. What is Scentsy~You ask?! Well~let me tell you~ Scentsy sells wickless candles, ceramic warmers and home-fragrance products.  A wickless candle, called a Scentsy Bar or a Scentsy Brick, is a highly fragrant wax bar that is warmed to release fragrance into the air. And they have over 80 scents to choose from! So~I know that you will find one that matches you too!  Because the wax is gently warmed rather than burned, it can hold more fragrance oil than a traditional candle. And, because there is no flame, there is no smoke, soot or lead. Scentsy wickless candles are a safer alternative to tradition...

ValueRays Shoulder Warmer Review & Giveaway! 1/3

ValueRays makes so many great products that I would have a hard time choosing something for myself so I let Anna decide what to send me.As I love surprises~don't you? And~~I was not disappointed.She sent me the ValueRays Shoulder Warmer and let me tell you I am in Heaven! It is so easy to use~as all you have to do is plug into your USB port on your computer and instant warmth. It feels so good on my shoulders as with having arthritis it seems that my bones hurt more when I am cold. Not only can you use this as home but it would be great at the office too! As it is very small and lightweight. The ValueRays Shoulder Warmer measurements are aproximately 18" across the back shoulders and about 9" deep.  The two tabs in the front of the shoulder warmer have velcro to securely attach the shoulder warmer to your body.  The carbon fiber heating element is positioned inside the double-faced fleece fabric to produce warmth to the back of the shoulder area.  The heating elem...

ErgoMotion Laser Mouse Review and Giveaway! 2/1

~You Can Finally Say Goodbye to Aches and Pains While Mousing Around!~ I am on the computer all the time~with my Blog here and other things that I do I spend many hours on the internet.Most of that is on my laptop as it is easier to do other things and not have to stay in one place. But as you can imagine doing all of that comes with some pain. That is why I am so excited to tell you about the ErgoMotion Laser Mouse ! Introducing anti-gravity comfort from your computer mouse. Thanks to the patented ErgoMotion pivot system, your mouse now feels like it’s “floating on air!” The Whirl Laser mouse actually floats with you and provides constant, luxurious comfort! There's no question, it’s time to get rid of that fixed-position, static mouse, and upgrade to the comfort of the Whirl Laser Mouse with ErgoMotion. Whether you are right- or left-handed, you can enjoy the unique on-the-go experience of an Award Winning computer mouse! It is so easy to use all you do is plug it in~N...