Skip to main content

Great Uses for Vaseline!




Our family has been using Vaseline for many years and if you are like the average American I 'll bet that you also have a jar in your medicine cabinet..This year they are celebrating their 140th  Anniversary and I would like to share the top 10 Tips that we use Vaseline For~

1~Stop Squeaking Door Hinges
It's so annoying when a squeaky door makes an ill-timed noise when you're trying to keep quiet. Put Vaseline on the hinge pins of the door. No 
more squeaks! 
2~Repair Stains, Rings, and Scratches in Wood Furniture
Cover each scratch with a liberal coat of Vaseline petroleum jelly, let sit for 24 hours, rub into wood, wipe away excess, and polish as usual. Will make it look like new again!
3~Keep Shampoo Out Of Kids Eyes
To keep shampoo out of kids eyes apply a thin layer of Vaseline on their eyebrows before you wash their hair. It will stop the suds from reaching their eyes.No more tears!
4~Cream Blush
Mix it  with your lipstick to create a cream blusher for your cheeks,as the Vaseline and lipstick make a great cream blush and it will match perfect!You can use this with all your lipstick to match all the time!
 5~White Glove Treatment
Before going to bed, soak your hands in warm water for two minutes. Pat dry and immediately cover in a thin layer of petroleum jelly. Now put on white gloves and go to bed. You will not believe how great your hands will feel the next morning!
6~Facial Cream
My grandmother and mother would use nothing else on their face.Every night they would apply a thin layer before bed.And,I have to admit that they did have very soft skin! Over 70+ years can't be wrong~right?!?
7~Diaper Rash
Diaper rashes on babies can be especially painful and a little Vaseline can soothe the bottom and also help keep the wetness away to help with healing of the rash.
8~Removing Gum From Hair
Many times when my kids were little they fell to sleep with gum in their hair!  Vaseline is the easiest item to remove gum from the hair. Rub a good amount of Vaseline through the hair near the gum. The Vaseline will remove all the gum!
9~Keep Lipstick Off Teeth
I get so mad when I am all ready to go somewhere,look in the mirror one more time and see lipstick on my teeth! Now I spread Vaseline on my  teeth  in order to prevent my lipstick from sticking to my teeth. Works every time!
10~Make New Eyeshadow Colors
Mix just a touch of Vaseline with powder eyeshadow~you can make new colors as I do this with all my old eyeshadows that are almost gone. You can mix all different colors and make your own!

What are your favorite ways to use Vaseline?? I'd love to hear them!

“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Vaseline blogging program, making me eligible to get a $25 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scentsy Review & Giveaway! 12/20*CLOSED*

I love my house to smell good.I have candles and tea lights in almost every room.But it seems that no matter what I buy the scent just doesn't seem to last.I have spent so much money trying different ones and I swear that I should have bought stock in tea lights the way I buy them!! That is why I was super excited when I was asked to review some Scentsy Products. What is Scentsy~You ask?! Well~let me tell you~ Scentsy sells wickless candles, ceramic warmers and home-fragrance products.  A wickless candle, called a Scentsy Bar or a Scentsy Brick, is a highly fragrant wax bar that is warmed to release fragrance into the air. And they have over 80 scents to choose from! So~I know that you will find one that matches you too!  Because the wax is gently warmed rather than burned, it can hold more fragrance oil than a traditional candle. And, because there is no flame, there is no smoke, soot or lead. Scentsy wickless candles are a safer alternative to tradition...

ValueRays Shoulder Warmer Review & Giveaway! 1/3

ValueRays makes so many great products that I would have a hard time choosing something for myself so I let Anna decide what to send me.As I love surprises~don't you? And~~I was not disappointed.She sent me the ValueRays Shoulder Warmer and let me tell you I am in Heaven! It is so easy to use~as all you have to do is plug into your USB port on your computer and instant warmth. It feels so good on my shoulders as with having arthritis it seems that my bones hurt more when I am cold. Not only can you use this as home but it would be great at the office too! As it is very small and lightweight. The ValueRays Shoulder Warmer measurements are aproximately 18" across the back shoulders and about 9" deep.  The two tabs in the front of the shoulder warmer have velcro to securely attach the shoulder warmer to your body.  The carbon fiber heating element is positioned inside the double-faced fleece fabric to produce warmth to the back of the shoulder area.  The heating elem...

ErgoMotion Laser Mouse Review and Giveaway! 2/1

~You Can Finally Say Goodbye to Aches and Pains While Mousing Around!~ I am on the computer all the time~with my Blog here and other things that I do I spend many hours on the internet.Most of that is on my laptop as it is easier to do other things and not have to stay in one place. But as you can imagine doing all of that comes with some pain. That is why I am so excited to tell you about the ErgoMotion Laser Mouse ! Introducing anti-gravity comfort from your computer mouse. Thanks to the patented ErgoMotion pivot system, your mouse now feels like it’s “floating on air!” The Whirl Laser mouse actually floats with you and provides constant, luxurious comfort! There's no question, it’s time to get rid of that fixed-position, static mouse, and upgrade to the comfort of the Whirl Laser Mouse with ErgoMotion. Whether you are right- or left-handed, you can enjoy the unique on-the-go experience of an Award Winning computer mouse! It is so easy to use all you do is plug it in~N...